I would like to thank Ajoobacats for the nomination for this award. I have only been blogging since the beginning of the year so it is good to know that some people are enjoying what I am writing.
Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
Nominate bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
Let the bloggers know you nominated them
Give them 11 questions of your own
1. Best book you read that was turned into a film you loved?
That would have to be Divergent by Veronica Roth. I fell in love with the book with its characters and story-line, even though it is not a genre that I read regularly. I found the movie to be just as good as the book, which does not happen very often in my experience.
2. A single book you wish was a series?
My all-time favourite book which is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I have read it more times than I can count, and would have loved to know what happened to Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy after the original story ended.
3. Who would play your favourite literary character and why?
My favourite literary character being Elizabeth Bennett, which was played by Keira Knightly, who happens to be one of my favourite actresses was a fantastic match. However, if I had to chose an alternative, it would have to be Rachel McAdams. I love her acting and I think she could pull off the character.
4. If you were to write your own novel would the main protagonist be male or female? Why?
I am a sucker for a good romance, and therefore would write my novel from a male protagonist’s P.O.V. because as a female, I find a male being romantic quite sexy and keeps me interested in the book
5. If a non-reader asked you for a recommendation from your favourite genre, which book would you recommend?
I would recommend anything by Nora Roberts. Her books are fantastic especially her trilogies where we get to see the story from each of the protagonist’s points of view. Her novels are also easy to get into so they would be perfect for a non-reader
6. Three books you would take on a desert island?
This is a bit of a tough one..I am going to say Pride and Prejudice again because I absolutely love it. The second book I would take with me would be The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. I love Sparks and this one I am determined to read before I see the movie. The third and final book I would take with me would be The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. This book has had a lot of hype about it so I am curious to see what it is all about.
7. Best book you’ve read so far in 2016?
This one was easy. That would be Finders Keepers by Stephen King.
8. Book release you are most looking forward to this year?
I was looking through Goodreads and I found a book named Outside written by Nicole Sewell about a girl who is forced to leave the cult she grew up in and live in the ‘real world’ where she discovers truths about the cult and its leaders. It sounds interesting
9. Film based on a book you would most like to see?
I would like to see the movie Gone Girl that is based on the book of the same title by Gillian Flynn. This is because I read the book and could not get into it, I did not find it overly interesting. I would like to see the film out of curiosity to see if I like the movie better
10. Favourite music to read to?
I usually am able to listen to any music while I am reading, however, nothing that is too catchy otherwise I do seem to get distracted
11. Indoor or alfresco reading?
That really depends on the weather as I live in Perth, Western Australia. Most of the time it is too hot outside to sit and read (at the moment for example we are getting temperatures of 43 degrees Celsius for just over a week straight) so in that case indoor is better. But when given the chance I am definitely an alfresco person.
my nominations are:
- If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are the 5 books that you would need to have with you?
- Is there an author that you like that you didn’t expect to? And if so, who is it?
- If you were only able to read books from one genre for the next year, what genre would it be?
- What qualities do you look for in a good book?
- Are there any genres or authors that you wont read?
- Best book series that you have read, and maybe wished was longer?
- New book being released that you are most looking forward to?
- If you could ask your favourite author any question, what would it be?
- Do you read books more than once? If so, which ones?
- What books are on your tbr list?
- Which novel would you most like to see turned into a film?